Alumni Affairs welcomes new directorFollowing a long and careful search, the Johnson School announced the June 30 appointment of Karrie Borgelt as director of Alumni Affairs.� Borgelt, a native of upstate New York and graduate of Hartwick College in Oneonta, came to the Johnson School from Drew University in Madison, N.J., where she served as director of alumni and parent relations. With an extensive background in alumni affairs and development, she is a strong addition to the Johnson School staff.
"My first year at the school will focus on strengthening partnerships with alumni across all roles and locations," Borgelt said. "We also will be more strategic in our collaboration with the Career Management Center, Admissions, and Corporate Relations at the Johnson School, in order to offer experiences that are rewarding to our alumni."
In addition, Borgelt outlined the following priorities for the coming year:
- Strengthen partnerships with regional clubs and the alumni leadership both domestically and internationally
- Create a "Volunteer Toolkit" to support our regional steering committee members and alumni volunteers
- Establish a volunteer succession plan for alumni, which will allow volunteers to step down from their leadership roles confident that their programs will be in good hands
- Strengthen partnerships with class officers, both as students and new graduates, with one objective being larger class attendance at reunion and regional events
- Provide volunteer opportunities for current students to engage in networking and regional events, bridging the student-to-alumni transition
- Build upon existing strategic young alumni programming
- Develop specific alumni programming for Executive MBA programs
"Our alumni dedicate endless hours to help us provide lifelong learning and networking opportunities, and to identify prospective students," Borgelt said. "With their energy, dedication, and vision, we will achieve remarkable things in 2007."
You can reach Borgelt by e-mail at email@example.com.